Managers should understand the circumstances under which they will be invoiced for costs in addition to the contract price. Before you accept any maintenance agreement your service company should answer the following questions:
- When does overtime apply under the contract?
- What are the differences between overtime trouble calls and overtime repairs as they relate to the contract?
- Is travel time a consideration because of location or union agreement?
- If maintenance is missed or incomplete are you entitled to a refund for that month?
- Do trouble calls count as a regular monthly service call?
- What is the response time for a trapped passenger?
- What is the availability of spare parts?